Thursday, September 10, 2020

Random Wax: 2019 Contenders Football

2019 Contenders Football: Here's a pack I've had running around for a while but seems perfect for today.  Not often do you get doubles in a pack but when you do you hope it can be this guy.  Reigning Super Bowl champion quarterback Patrick Mahomes is a stud and a favorite of mine so I couldn't ask for any more.
I'm a big Luke Kuechly guy too.  Bummer to see him go but so happy he went out on his own terms.  Can't wait to see what Todd Gurley can do in Atlanta this year.  Love him as a player and I know he isn't going to give them 1200 yards but I still think he can be a solid running back at age 26.

Many of these guys will be keys to their teams success this year and plenty of story lines across the league. Can Buffalo win the AFC East?  How will AJ Green do with with the expected rookie of the year at QB?  Will the Packers make a serious run at the Super Bowl?  Only to name a few.
This was a really fun pack with the inclusion of duplicate Mahomes cards and we also get to see all-time great Peyton Manning among the other many stars.  I'm big on the Contenders brand and this pack does it proud.  Great to have football back tonight.  Enjoy the season!

BREAKDOWN:

22 – Total Cards

2 – MVP Contenders

1 – Retired Great

1 – Green Parallel

1 – Round Numbers

1 – Winning Ticket


4 comments:

  1. I'm sure hoping the Pack have one more trip to the Super Bowl in them, but GM Brian Gutenkunst didn't do Rodgers (or Adams) any favors this off-season. Really needed some receiver help; if Davante goes down it gets real dicey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not getting Rogers some help with their first pick in the draft didn't do them any favors. Long term maybe it works. I think Rogers might have a chip on his shoulder this year but you are right. they don't have much room for error and a big injury could hurt them. I'm hoping they can go deep in the playoffs.

      Delete
  2. Duplicates in a modern pack? I had no idea that that ever still happened. I can only imagine the complaining that must occur on social media when someone gets two of a player who isn't considered to be "hot".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL So true. My narrative definitely wouldn't have been the same if it hadn't been Mahomes. I have gotten dupes of base cards and parallels of the same card but that is a bit different.

      Delete