Wednesday, September 23, 2020

1991-1992 Pro Set Platinum Hockey

1991-1992 Pro Set Platinum Hockey: Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals is tonight so we'll take a look at some more hockey.  I don't remember this set but do remember buying a ton of Pro Set Platinum football back in the day.  I liked the no border minimalistic design.  I'm not quite as big a fan nowadays but I do appreciate what they were going for.  Grant Fuhr is a Hall of Famer who played 18 seasons and won four Stanley Cup Championships with Edmonton.  I'm a huge fan of the Maple Leafs' jerseys by the way.
This is a fun pack but the lack of names on the front makes it a big challenge for me.
The backs are fun with nice big full body photos.  Not having stats is a negative.  Not sure why they went with color only for the Pat Elynuik photo but it is a good change of pace. 

I'm definitely enjoying these old hockey packs.  I have to do a bit of research but it is fun seeing these players, jerseys and teams, some of which aren't around any more.  Enjoy the game tonight.

 BREAKDOWN:

12 – Total Cards

2 comments: