Sunday, September 20, 2020

Random Wax: 2018 Score Football

 

2018 Score Football: I think I've had this for over a year now and I found it at a reduced price.  Can't beat that for a Mahomes rookie.  I really like Patrick Mahomes and was happy for him and the Chiefs last year.  Unfortunately he's made these packs pricey, even it this isn't his rookie, and won't be found in value bins anymore.
Star power?  Plenty to be had here in the base cards.
More and more stars...
When you open a Score pack you know you are getting plenty of inserts.  The Color Rush and Captains are favorites of mine.

Rookies are a big part of these as well.  As one of the first sets of the year you get to see these guys in their college unis.  Only bad thing is trying to sort them by team.  I have to look so many of them up.  It's worth it to see them in their college gear.
Did I say there were lots of inserts?  You won't get bored with Score.  If there is something you don't like there is plenty of variety to enjoy.  Fun pack for sure.  I'd enjoy ripping some of this again if I ever got the chance. 

BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
6 - RC
2 – 2018 Draft
2 – Captains
2 – Red Parallel
2 – Signal Callers
1 – Scoreboard
1 – Huddle Up
1 – Fantasy Stars
1 – Huddle Up
1 – Color Rush
1 – Sidelines
1 – All-Hands Team
1 – Scorecard Parallel







  

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is. So many inserts makes sure there is a little bit for everyone.

      Delete
  2. Are collectors paying big money for Mahomes 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year cards? If so... I think it's awesome. I remember when I collected back in the 80's... 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year cards were worth something too. And look at what people pay for Trout cards? It's nice to see our hobby bouncing back in regards to value. But it makes it challenging to collect on a budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think his later cards have gone crazy except for his high end stuff. This is low hanging fruit but he is "the guy" in the NFL right now and deservedly so. The hobby has definitely exploded. I don't really get why though it somehow ties in to the whole Covid thing it seems - at least timing wise.

      Delete
  3. I really like those three Steelers cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking you'll see them close up sometime. ;)

      Delete
  4. Must not be any greats in the set :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely something I miss in Score is retired greats. Seems like an insert or two in past sets included them but not sure. This normally focuses on present players.

      Delete