Tuesday, September 1, 2020

1990-1991 Pro Set Hockey

1990-1991 Pro Set Hockey:  Hockey playoffs are in full swing and I found a cheap buy of junk wax hockey packs on Wal-Mart .com.  I'm not a huge hockey guy but I do count Calgary and Boston as my teams.  So while I know names of stars I am not an expert.  I did figure out this pack had six Hall of Famers!  That screams good pack. 
I won't say I knew all six were members of the Hall of Fame or even great players but that was part of the funs.  https://www.hockey-reference.com/ was my friend.  I also enjoy seeing some of the fun unis like that Capitals jersey.
The backs are sweet.  All the stats you can ask for, a nice photo, good write-up, and plenty of color.  Excellent card back.  Only thing I'd add is the team logo.  You can get one on there.
Petr Nedved had a nice long career though only three years with the Vancouver Canucks.  
I like this design overall and actually like the NHL logo being used in conjunction with the Pro Set logo.  This was a fun pack.  I've got more to share as the playoffs go on so it should be fun.

BREAKDOWN: 
15 – Total Cards
1 – Draft Pick
(6 Hall of Famers)

 


4 comments:

  1. Walmart sells junk wax hockey? Nice. 1990 Pro Set hockey and football are awesome. Love the colored borders and the overall design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprised me as well. One of those"100 Hockey Cards in Unopened Packs" deals from a secondary seller. I was happy with what I received. I'm definitely a fan of these.

      Delete
  2. Great pack here, such a FUN junk wax set!!!

    ReplyDelete