Friday, July 1, 2022

2022 Bowman

2022 Bowman:  The 4th of July weekend just feels like a baseball weekend so that's what we'll do all weekend.  We'll kick it off with my first look at 2022 Bowman and future Hall of Famer Alert Pujols is back with the Cardinals this year for what is supposed to be his final year.  Dude was a beast in his career which was tainted by a not-so-great tenure with the Angels.  Just have to overlook that.
Feels like Bowman went safe with their design this year.  I think it is fine but do like last year's better.
Of course this set is all about prospects and there are plenty in these packs.  I don't even look them up anymore but still fun to look at years later to see who were hits and who weren't.
Always some Chrome in these.  I'm not digging the Virtuosic Vibrations inserts.  I'm sure some like all the colors but just isn't my thing.
Probably won't pick up more of these unless I'm really bored.  The price point is a bit high and I like seeing more veterans.  But some folks love Bowman and I'm happy for them.  Prospecting can be fun.
This guy is having another great year and is currently leading the league in RBIs with 63.  That goes along with his 16 homers and .296 average.  Overall a good pack.  We'll see how my pull looks in three to five years.

BREAKDOWN:
12 – Total Cards
3 – Chrome
3 – 1st Bowman
1 – RC
1 – Virtuosic Vibrations

0

3 comments:

  1. Great looking Ramirez card! He has signed with Cleveland to stay through 2028 with his intent to put his name all over the team record book, and he is doing a great job at that so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. Great job by the Guardians locking him up.

      Delete
  2. Whoa, didn't know they put "Veteran" in small print on the card...don't like that. Anyway, thanks for posting the pics!

    ReplyDelete