Saturday, July 9, 2022

2022 Topps Series 2 Blaster with Relic

2022 Topps Series 2:  Series 2 can always a bit of a hit and miss but I enjoyed this box.  It helps when you grab some big stars and there is some good variety.  I really like these 1987 All-Star inserts and I really like this Ohtani photo.  And who doesn't like Ohtani?
Frankie Montas is having a good year for the A's and is expected to get Oakland a nice return at the trade deadline.  After battling injuries Carlos Correa is having a really good year and Josh Hader is doing great for the Brew Crew this season.
As always there are going to be plenty of young players in these boxes.  I will say it seems like Alec Bohm has been a RC or Future Stars guy for a long time.
Some inserts we saw in series one but they still help with the variety in this set.  I think I'll try the Home Run Challenge for the first time.  Vlad's hitting homers at a good clip so why not.
I think this is a good-looking relic but it is like an inch thick.  Not really but no way I have a holder for this thing.
I'm a fan of the Stars of MLB inserts and these are two good stars to pull.  That Burnes is a Chrome parallel.
A team card.  Always fun photos and good info on the backs.
Royal Blue, Gold #/2099, and Rainbow Foil parallels.
Checklist card.
All three of these guys are having good years.  You'd think that means Danny Duffy will be traded.  He is now 32 and now played all 11 seasons with the Royals.

Devers is having a monster year.  Fun box of cards.  I doubt I'll grab anymore Series 2 but still this was a good box.

BREAKDOWN:
99 – Total Cards
15 – RC
7 – Stars of MLB
4 – Future Stars
3 – Team Cards
1 - Checklist
1 – Gold #/2022
1 – Rainbow Foil
1 – Royal Blue
1 – 1987 Topps
1 – 1987 Topps All-Star
1 – Home Run Challenge
1 – Significant Statistics
1 – Chrome Stars of MLB
1 - Batting Helmet Commemorative Relic



11 comments:

  1. Great post and excellent scans. 2022 Topps flagship is growing on me. I'm a longtime Topps flagship set builder and busted two S2 hobby boxes on Thursday. I've really got to put up a new blog post showing how my two boxes exceeded expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it. We'd love to see how your boxes looked. And thanks.

      Delete
  2. Really think manufactured relics are better than plain white swatches now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found myself leaning that way as well.

      Delete
  3. I picked up a blaster of series 2 yesterday. I pulled some Guardians cards and the Lindor one that you shared, but my big hit was the Bobby Witt Jr shortprint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Devers is very cool... so is the Ohtani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely my favorites from the box as well.

      Delete
  5. I was only able to find a couple of loose packs of Series 2 in retail so far. Not a fan of the $5 price increase between Series 1 and 2. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete