Sunday, July 3, 2022

1990 Donruss Baseball (3 Packs)

1990 Donruss Baseball: Let's keep the baseball weekend going with a favorite of mine - 1990 Donruss.  That red border has always done it for me.  Even without a logo on it.  No better way to start than with Dale Murphy.  He is a Braves legend and great all-time player.  Easy first ballot hall of famer until his hitting fell off so sharply starting in 1988 that it's kept him on the outside looking in.  Still I love Dale Murphy and was of course able to get his autograph, and selfie, some years back.  <inner fanboy giggles>
These packs came from a cheap box I picked up last fall at a St. Louis card shop after not finding much at the card show.  I'll show these in three pack groupings.  Tons of stars in these packs.  Love it.  Feels like Ryne Sandberg is still under the radar as an all-time great.  I know I slept on him a bit at the time but he was so good.  I know his stats don't really add up to some other Hall of Famers but still.  I never see him in the news or social media so maybe that has something to do with it as well.
Back when Diamond Kings were still awesome.  Another great offering here.  And Barry Bonds who would turn in his first MVP season in 1990.
The backs were fun with plenty of information and enough stats to keep you somewhat satisfied.  And getting to read this two-time Cy Young's stats is always a joy too.
Some fun packs.  Tons of memories when I open these.  From the cards themselves to all the players.  I really immersed myself into baseball back then to a point I don't do today.

BREAKDOWN:
45 – Total Cards (3 Packs)
3 – Puzzle
2 – Diamond Kings
1 – Checklist



6 comments:

  1. Did you ever post that selfie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. Here ya go. http://nothingifnotrandom.blogspot.com/2018/10/dale-murphy-autograph-st-louis-card-show.html?m=1

      Delete
  2. I've always liked the contract status, too bad Topps doesn't include in their flagship set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. The more the better. How acquired was a favorite of mine

      Delete