Sunday, July 31, 2022

2022 Chronicles Draft Picks Football Blaster with Auto

2022 Chronicles Draft Picks Football:  These were on the shelves and I thought why not.  They're pretty young player heavy and I tend towards brands that have more veterans.  I won't complain about this box though.  Two Mahomes and an auto make this a win.
Lots of variety in these boxes.  That Matt Corral is a red parallel.
I do enjoy seeing retired greats in these sets.  I'm not a fan of that retro Score look.  Didn't like it then and don't like it now.  The Staubach photo isn't one I care for either.  I do like Illusions brand and that Bradshaw is pretty cool.
A nice Wolverines' uni appearance as well as Aiden Hutchinson the #2 overall pick in the draft.  Never complain about seeing Aaron Rodgers in his Cal uni.
Shiny cards.  With Big Ben retired everyone is wondering what Kenny Pickett will be at the pro level.  Seems like a perfect fit.  Pitt guy.  Had a great year.  Ben is gone.  Now the hard part starts.  We'll see how he does on the field.
I really like these retro rookie cards. 
Mathis is a 4th round pick of the Broncos.  It'll definitely take a few years to see how this auto looks. More veteran players.   Pretty fun box.  I liked my pull and some of the different designs.  Not sure I'll grab more.  If there was a fat pack option maybe but probably not in a blaster.  But never say never.

BREAKDOWN:
24 – Total Cards
11 – RC
3 – Donruss
3 – Legacy Rookie
3 – Retired Greats
3 – Rookies & Stars
2 – Score
2 – Prestige
2 – Chronicles 
2 – Contenders Optic
1 – XR
1 - Optic
1 - Recon
1 - Status
1 - Illusions
1 – Phoenix
1 – Red Parallel
1 – Pink Parallel
1 – Rated Rookie
1 - Prestige Xtra Points Signatures


10 comments:

  1. Nice! I recently got that Mahomes Rookies and Stars myself! Seeing some these cards with the 1992 Donruss design is jarring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is especially not being a football design back then.

      Delete
  2. Interesting to see the 1992 Score and Donruss baseball designs used with football athletes. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go with the Donruss design. Still not sold on the Score look. But I do enjoy bringing back older designs. They can be fun.

      Delete
  3. As a Steelers fan and collector, I like the Bradshaw and Pickett cards. It will be interesting to see how the Steelers handle Pickett. Will he sit the bench to watch and learn? Will he start a few games to see how he handles everything? On offense, there are more questions than answers right now in Pittsburgh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see how Pickett does. Would like to see a Pitt guy do well in Pittsburgh.

      Delete
  4. I do like that funky Hutchinson card.

    And you got Mahomes in home and road unis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hutchinson card really does have a lot going on! lol

      Delete
  5. All those Chronicles designs makes my head hurt haha. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete