Saturday, May 25, 2024

Topps Jaws 2 (2 Packs)

Jaws 2: At least locally plenty of pools are opening this weekend.  Jaws is an all-time favorite of mine and Jaws 2, in my opinion, is also a really good movie.  Hard to capture the same tone as the first Jaws but I do think this one is good.  Speaking of the star of the movie, he highlights this first card which is a nice painting depicting one of the scenes from movie.
Roy Schneider is back as the sheriff but he is in no mood to deal with another shark after his experience in the first movie.  I like the design here but the trademark information shouldn't be on the fronts.  Kind of lost as to why Topps thought this was a good idea.
Like many non-sports sets from Topps, some of the backs are pieces to a puzzle.  
I like the art mixed in with the screenshots on the fronts.  The backs that have movie facts provide some behind the scenes information.  That first card is one of the two stickers I pulled (one per pack).  
These cards almost align but not quite.  More good still shots showing key moments of action.
I feel the tension in these photos.  I actually purchased this pack as part of an eBay buy back in November, 2021.  No clue why it's taken me so long to post these.
Great way to help kick off the holiday weekend as many will take to the water.  We'll end it with another sticker and a great final shot from the movie showing off the sun setting.  Have a safe and fun weekend!

BREAKDOWN:
16 – Total Cards
2 – Stickers


5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about picking up some vintage movie themed cards. I'll probably start with E.T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I like that card too. Harkens back to art from the original.

      Delete
  3. Haven't watched Jaws in decades. I do know it freaked me out as a kid. Not sure I ever watched Jaws 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of both but probably only watch every other year or so.

      Delete