Friday, May 3, 2024

Random Wax: 2024 Topps Baseball Hanger Box

2024 Baseball:  I love Mike Trout.  Who doesn't?  Just want him to stay healthy after getting off to a good start to the season.
Alvarez and Freeman have had good starts while Verlander is coming off an injury.
I pull the guy everyone wants here with Elly De La Cruz.  I really enjoy the energy and speed he brings to the game.
The man is so consistently good.  Hard not to be a fan of Freddie Freeman even after he left the Braves.  Or more to the point had to move on when the Braves decided to go in a different direction.
Those Yellow Parallels are hanger box exclusives.
I like the League Leader cards.  Hits the marks for these.
Another Elly De La Cruz appearance alongside of Ronald Acuna Jr. and Aaron Judge.  These are nice looking cards and these three are a great pull.
Fun photo on this Cincinnati Reds Team Card.  The dark jerseys and card colors really help make this a good card.
That first card is a Checklist card.  I do like how they do those.  The 2023 Greatest Hits look pretty good and the Topps 1989 Baseball cards are good in short doses.  I was okay with that design back in the day but I wasn't thrilled with it.
This is the back of a team card.  Why don't we have numbers for those team leaders?  I want to know the numbers.  A fail here for Topps.  Otherwise, I do like the backs.

Strider is already out for the year after undergoing UCL surgery this month.  <sad face emoji>
Great photo on that Adbert Alzolay card.  Good cards, nice variety and a design I like more and more.   You'll see more of these from me.

BREAKDOWN:
59 – Total Cards
13 – RC
4 – Stars of MLB
2 – Team Cards
2 – Future Stars
2 – Yellow Parallel
1 – Checklist
1 – Blue Parallel
1 – Rainbow Foil
1 – League Leaders
1 – 2023 Great Hits
1 – 1989 Topps Baseball



6 comments:

  1. Gotta love 2024 Topps flagship cards. Too bad about Mike Trout's knee injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's heartbreaking for him and the fans.

      Delete
  2. Voting for Mr. Upton.

    Longest HR instead of SB leader - the curse of Heather Locklear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Reds team card is awesome. 1st time seeing that card. As for Trout... bummer about the injury, but it sounds like the surgery was successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go update this after I had it scheduled. Almost glad I didn't. So hard seeing him go down with a majory injury yet again.

      Delete