Sunday, May 26, 2024

Random Wax: 2022 Donruss Football Holiday Blaster

2022 Donruss:  I always enjoy holiday boxes.  Unfortunately, Panini didn't add snow or holiday related bling to these.  Disappointed but I still appreciate the cards.  My all-time favorite player in the NFL kicks it off.  John Elway had a cannon for an arm and finished his career with two straight Championships.
I do like this design.  It's a little different but the photos are good.
Jermaine Johnson made the Pro Bowl this year.
Some great players in the league but Myles Garrett is the only player still with the same team.
We do get the Rookie Sweaters relic which gives us some holiday feels.  I like Franchise Futures and that Christian Watson is an Optic Rated Rookie Preview Red and Green Parallel.
Does feel like we only get the players in the photos.  Sometimes it's better when we can see an actual play as opposed to just the players in frame.
Donruss 2002 and 1992s throwbacks.  I do like the 2002 design though the player name is hard to read.
I love retired greats and we get some of the best here.  I love them and that's a big part of Donruss for me.  Great Warren Moon photo too.

BREAKDOWN:
90 – Total Cards
12 – Rated Rookie
10 – Retired Greats
1 – RC
1 – Donruss 2002
1 – Donruss 1992
1 – Franchise Future
1 – Rookie Holiday Sweater Relic
1 – Optic Rated Rookie Preview Red and Green



4 comments:

  1. Nice Watson. It'd be even nicer if the red was replaced with yellow. Sure hoping he has a breakout season with Love this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He showed he may be ready last season. Hopefully he can be even better this year.

      Delete