Sunday, March 29, 2015

2015 Topps Heritage


Like last year when I reviewed the 2014 Topps Heritage I'm again disappointed with the 2015 Topps Heritage.  This is not a knock against the cards themselves.  I love the retro but I'm not a fan of those early Topps cards with nothing but head shots and little thought behind the cards themselves.  This may be pretty narrow minded but that is me.  The one surprise this year was the team cards like the one to the left of the Angels.  I've always enjoyed highlight cards for teams whether that was some of the NFL cards that highlighted certain games or their defense or offense.  Here the Angels celebrate first place in their division.  The design of the cards themselves were pretty plain but not bad.  I'd say better than last year.  I actually like the backs.  The little cartoon with a nifty fact in the upper right hand corner, the card number in the baseball and all the stats.  I think this definitely a win for the set and an improvement over last year's offering.  While I won't be purchasing anymore of these I think everyone should check them out.  You never know what you might find and I am obviously looking at a small sample of the cards with my own ideas of what I like.  Enjoy the pictures and I'd love to hear what others think of the set.   
      

No comments:

Post a Comment