Friday, May 17, 2019

Random Wax: 2019 Score Football

I enjoyed these 2019 Score football cards so another pack was in order.  I'm still liking what I see.  It'll be interesting to see how Kyler Murray does in Arizona.  After the whole Oakland A's reversal there is a lot of pressure on him and the Cardinals.  I hope he does well and this is a red parallel NFL Draft of his.
 I won't say my pull was packed with stars but it was solid.  There are 440 cards in the base set including 110 rookies so why those just looking for big names might be disappointed from time to time others will like the expansive checklist.
Thanks to MJ on Twitter for making me smarter on Epix cards and their Pinnacle history.  He shared some photos of Epix cards from years past and they were great looking cards.  Always fun to learn the history of cards.  While I liked the Captains insert from my first pack but this one isn't wowing me as much.  Jury is still out.
  Again - are those really Chargers' throwbacks anymore?  That's a great photo on Nick Chubb's All-Hands insert.  He's not a name that comes to mind with "All-Hands" but the photo tells the story. 
As always rookies are a big part of this set and love seeing players from Georgia and Michigan in their college unis on wax.  I begrudgingly added Duayne Haskins <shivers>. 
Another fun pack and I don't think this will be the last you'll see of this set on the blog.

BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
7 – RC
3 – Red Parallels
3 – NFL Draft
2 - Epix
2 - Captains
2 – Signal Caller
1 – Throwbacks
1 – All-Hands
1 – Celebration
1 – Fantasy Stars


4 comments:

  1. Lol. At some point I need to grab a Murray rookie card for my A's PC ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You do. It's be great to see him wearing an A's jersey in a card photo.

      Delete
  2. Send me (a link to) your wantlists and I'll trade you for Haskins and any other new Redskins. QAPLAGCA at yahoo

    ReplyDelete