Tuesday, June 25, 2019

2019 Topps Star Wars Resistance Season 1 Trading Cards

While I've heard of the animated series Star Wars Resistance I'm not that familiar with it.  IMDB's short description states "Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot for the Resistance, is tasked with a top secret mission to investigate the First Order, a growing threat in the galaxy.".  So there is somewhat of a tie in with the current movie trilogy that will end this December.  I love Star Wars and couldn't pass up a pack of 2019 Topps Star Wars Resistance Season 1 cards.  I didn't watch The Clone Wars until after that series ended and I can see me doing something similar with this one.  I'm sure it is only on the Disney channel so it may be some time before I get the chance.  I'm a huge fan of The Clone Wars and said as much in this blog post last year.  No reason to think this one won't be as good though but it can be a bit tougher when the series is based around new characters.  
 The base cards I pulled were horizontally displayed.  I like the design.  It is pretty sharp and works for a syfy themed set.  The photos are stills or frames from the show.  Not the sharpest photos but they work.
The design on the back is fine but definitely not exciting.  Seems like a logo, small photo or just about anything could have helped this quite a bit.  The write-up seems decent enough as I've seen much smaller before.
  My inserts were this Foil Character and Pop-Up card.  Neither do much for me.  Lack of familiarity with the series doesn't help but still the designs are fairly blase.  Pop-ups aren't something I normally tend to like no matter the product.  Maybe once I've seen the series I look at these a bit differently.  For now I think the base cards are pretty good but won't purchase any more for the time being.  
BREAKDOWN:
6 – Total Cards
1 – Pop-Up
1 – Foil Character


2 comments:

  1. I watched a few episodes of SW Resistance... but haven't been able to get into it. Maybe I'll binge watch it sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen all of Star Wars Rebels yet either. Way behind.

    ReplyDelete