Sunday, March 17, 2019

2013 Press Pass Racing Cards

I found this pack of 2013 Press Pass NASCAR in the Wal-Mart discount bin.  I enjoy finding NASCAR cards from years past and this is no different.  Plenty of stars from the sport and a good design make these a winner for me.  This Dale Jr. Hot Seat was the card that stood out to me.  While this isn't mid race he seems to be in the zone.  Overall I really like these cards and I'll look for more in the future.
Another Jr. card with his #88 National Guard car on this NASCAR United insert.  The base cards in this set include both vertical and horizontal formats.  This base card is of the reigning Cup champion Joey Lagano.
Base cards included those from the two NASCAR junior circuits including the truck series represented here by the Timothy Peters card.  I like the Over the Wall card I pulled.  One, it is of my favorite drive, Kyle Busch, and two it has a nice photo of the car.
Off Track inserts showcased drivers off the track.  This one looks to have 2017 Champion Martin Truex Jr. in the merchandise hauler.  That Kyle Busch card is a Magenta Color Proof parallel.  Johanna Long competed a total of five years in the Truck and Nationwide series with 2015 being her last year.  Danica Patrick is the most prestigious woman to race in NASCAR but it is great seeing others showcased and doing well.  Hopefully others will make it to the top circuit soon.


Denny Hamlin is another of NASCAR's top drivers landing in the top 12 of the standings in  all but two of his 14 seasons in the sport.

The backs are nice with a photo of the driver's car and some basic stats.  Jimmie Johnson (below) is a NASCAR great with seven championships to include five in a row from 2006 to 2010.


BREAKDOWN:
16 – Total Cards
4 – NASCAR Nationwide Series
2 – Hot Seat
1 – Color Proof Magenta
1 – Off Track
1 – NASCAR Unites
1 – Over the Wall
1 – Camping World Truck Series

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the discount bin stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! It's always fun when it gets restocked.

      Delete