Sunday, January 12, 2020

Random Wax: 2019 Playoff Football Hanger Box

2019 Playoff Football:  This is a brand I like this year and this Drew Brees in a Chargers uni is already a candidate for favorite football card of the year.  I like the uni, though yellow pants would make it even better, and you never get to see Brees on new cardboard as a Charger.  I'm probably more excited about this than most will be but it really made this a fun pack.
  Speaking of Brees I also pulled his base Saints card which made the pack that much better.  Plenty of star power aside from Brees as well.
 
Rookies were well represented and though the inserts are pretty nice there really weren't that many to be found.
 Just a solid design this year.  Definitely one I can get behind and I'll definitely pick up more later.  

Have I ever said how much I love retired greats?  Almost a third of the box was retired greats which was a huge plus to me.  That Favre is the second Playoff of his I've pulled this year.  The first showed him as a Viking.  I'm glad to see Joe Thomas get some love to.  Fun hanger box and set.

BREAKDOWN:
60 – Total Cards
19 – Retired Greats
9 - RC
6 – Goal Line Parallels
2 – Rookie Wave
2 – Star Gazing
1 – Air Command
1 – Thunder & Lightning

6 comments:

  1. Cool to see The Bus in his Rams uniform. I also like how they include guys like Hines Ward and Joe Thomas, but my favorite card is the Favre. So glad they didn't put him as a Jet or a Viking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did do one of him as a Viking. Kind of cool but sacrilege for the Green Bay die-hard.

      Delete
    2. Might as well complete the trifecta with a Jets card too :)

      Delete
  2. Even though it's kind of a generic photo, the Namath card looks pretty good. And seeing Joe Thomas in there is kind of weird, but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this year's Playoff set a lot. The inserts are great, and I like the mix of current stars and retired greats, in more than one uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree. I enjoy seeing these guys in multiple unis.

      Delete