Sunday, July 2, 2023

Damian Lillard Requests a Trade

Dame has officially requested a trade.  This hurts.  While not completely a surprise I still held out hope when he didn't ask for one early last week when meeting with the team and a trade request didn't come out of that.  Lillard is my favorite Trail Blazer of all-time.  It's easy to have recency bias but I am truly a big fan.  I hope all the best for him.  I know Portland will try to maximize their return.  Not often a top 10 players is traded.  They need something that will set them up for success.  That can happen in different ways so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.  No matter how it turns out I doubt I'll be happy for a while.

6 comments:

  1. I'm hoping he ends up with the Knicks, although it looks like his preference is Miami.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teaming up with Jimmy Bulter seems like a dream come true. We'll see. Miami and Portland will have to do some trading gymnastics to make that happen. Knicks has better assets and would be an interesting fit.

      Delete
  2. Although I don't really follow the NBA closely... local sports radio has been spending a lot of time covering Lillard. I got excited first when I heard he hadn't asked to be traded... and bummed when he did. Was hoping he'd be Trail Blazer for life. Won't claim to know any details, but I wish Lillard success wherever he lands... and hopefully Portland will get enough in return to help them rebuild and return to the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree on all points. After drafting Scoot Henderson I was all excited about what those two could do together. Trade one of their guards and maybe other pieces to bring in someone else and who knows. But we'll never know.

      Delete
  3. I was also hoping Dame would stay but heard the writing was on the wall when Portland drafted Scoot Henderson. I hope he finds success wherever he winds up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually thought Scott Henderson and him might make for a dynamic duo. I guess he didn't feel that way. It's a shame.

      Delete