Friday, July 14, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Gypsy Queen Blaster

 

2021 GQ: This is the second of the two blasters of Gypsy Queen I purchased in 2021.  And yes, I'm just getting it posted.  That's part of the fun and randomness.  Bryce Harper has been limited due to injuries this season and not found his power stroke yet but you have to figure it'll come.
I enjoy this Gypsy Queen design.  We look at Rendon and Grandal a lot differently than we did two years ago.  It's really a shame with Rendon.  It was a big swing by the Angels and it's really hurt them as he's battled injuries the last three seasons, doesn't hit like he did with the Nationals and maybe his career is about over.  
Good looking Musial card and it is a base short print.  That Matt Chapman is a Tarot of the Diamond insert which isn't that special and the last is a Missing Nameplate parallel.
Kyle Lewis is now with Arizona but still struggling.  Chapman, who signed a one-year contract with the Royals, was recently traded to the Texas Rangers who are having a good year.

Fun box of cards.  I like the design and I had a really good pull.  

BREAKDOWN:
49 – Total Cards
7 – Green Parallel
1 – SP
1 – Captain Mini
1 – Tarot of the Diamond
1 – Missing Nameplate Parallel

7 comments:

  1. I usually just get a sample pack or two of GQ so thanks for sharing the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much like A&G, I feel like the GQ designs are now all blending together for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. They are. The tweaks to the design just aren't enough.

      Delete