Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Topps Archives Blaster

2021 Archives: I'm a big fan of 2011 Topps so this design is a hit with me.  It feels like Soto is having an off year but he's still one of those guys you have to be scared of.
Plenty to show off in this box including some greats of the game, past and present, on 1991 designs.  These look good.
The '62 design isn't a favorite of mine it looks a bit better on new cardboard.
These backs are fun to look at.
Here we have Bazooka Shining Star, Movie Poster and Floating Heads insert.  The Bazooka are fun while I like the Movie Posters.
The 1957 look is another one that is okay but doesn't exactly thrill me.  No issues with the players on them though.
The 1983 cards are a good look.  That Jerek Jeter is a 2091 design while the Varsho is the 2001 Topps design.
1989 Topp Big Foil insert.
That Jose Altuve is a great looking card to me.  I'm a fan of his and was happy to pull this one.
More 2011 greatness including the back of the Alan Trammell card.  He's a favorite of mine and really did have a great career culminating in his election to the Hall of Fame.
This was a fun box but Archives usually is.  Lots of variety mixed with nostalgia and retired greats.  Enjoy the All-Star game tonight that will include this guy who's having an amazing season.

BREAKDOWN:
56 – Total Cards
16 – RC
13 – Retired Greats
10 - 2011
9 – 1962
8 – 1957
7 – 1991
6 – 1973
5 - 1983
5 - 2001
3 – 2091
3 – 1989 Topps Big Foil
1 – Floating Heads
1 – Movie Poster
1 – Bazooka Shining Stars (1:6)

 

8 comments:

  1. The Big Three poster insert is really cool. About a decade ago, Topps printed posters for their online store. They should have done it with these inserts, because I might have bought that one (assuming it was reasonably priced).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It would have been cool and A's fans would have loved it.

      Delete
  2. I like Archives sets because of the mix of modern and old time players. I use some of the Archives cards in my Hall of Fame collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. Lots of great players found here.

      Delete
  3. I don't think many liked having that 2091 design as part of the base set, being that it's called Archives. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete