Saturday, June 8, 2024

2021 Topps Hero Attax Marvel "The Infinity Saga" (India)

2021 Marvel Hero Attax:  We'll kick off this overseas offering with Loki.  He's been a favorite of mine in the Marvel universe.  I liked season one of his Disney+ series but season two didn't hit the mark for me.

This is another Topps set from overseas.  Very hard to find specifics but I do like picking up packs to see what the cards look like in hand.  This pack was part of an eBay purchase where I grabbed a wide variety of non-sport packs.  I like the looks of these cards, the various rating numbers notwithstanding,  you still get pretty good photo of the main character.
We have a Silver Foil Parallel, Red Foil Parallel, and a Gold Foil Parallel.  There may be more to each of these but it's so hard getting specifics for these overseas sets.  I have no idea why checklists with details are so hard to come by.  Maybe the first one is actually a Holofoil Parallel?
TCDB does have a checklist here but no info on parallels.
The backs are simple and show the movie from which the front photo come from which is good.  Another good Loki card.  His appearance where he fought the Avengers for the first time was pretty fun albeit short.
You really do get a good variety of characters from across the Marvel movie universe.
I won't pick up more of these but I do like them.  The cards look nice and the characters are fun.  Thanos is one of the great bad guys of all-time.  Said he was going to do a thing...and did it.  Zero hesitation like you'd want from your bad guy.
BREAKDOWN:
20 – Total Cards
3 – Gold Foil
3 – Super Power
2 – Silver Foil
1 – Red Foil
1 – Limited Edition



2 comments:

  1. Interesting product. Big fan of gaming cards... even if I don't actually game. Based on those numbers... Doctor Strange can almost take on Thanos himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't game as well but enjoy them too. If sets like this were more readily available I might try to get the grandsons into the game.

      Delete