Friday, June 7, 2024

Random Wax: 2023 Topps Series 2 Hanger Box

2023 Topps Series 2:  I really like Nolan Arenado going back to his Rockies days.  He's struggled the past two seasons but is a 5X Silver Slugger and 6X Platinum Glove winner.  
I like the Gurriel Jr. and McNeil photos.  This is a design I like.  Hits lots of marks for me.
Youngsters all with good photos.  Good job Topps.
Another good photo in a horizontal offering.
Stars of MLB which is a favorite of collectors.
Great photo from the 2022 World Series champs.
A modern and retro take with this All Aces insert and the 1988 All-Star with an all-time great.
Rainbow Foil Parallel as well as an Orange Foil Parallel #/299.
We'll end it with a fun photo of the Colorado Rockies on their Team Card.
BREAKDOWN:
57 - Total Cards
12 – RC
4 – Team Cards
4 – Stars of MLB
3 – Future Stars
2 - Checklist
2 – Topps All-Star Rookie Cup
1 – All Aces
1 – 1988 All-Star
1 – Retired Great
1 – Rainbow Foil Parallel
1 – Orange Foil Parallel #/299



4 comments:

  1. Some solid photography. I already like this set more than I did last year. Not sure why that is though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be one of the few collectors that don't like the Stars of MLB insert set. They just seem bland to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked them the first year they were included but since then I feel each successive year is too close to previous versions.

      Delete