Friday, June 28, 2024

2024 Topps Series 2 Hanger Box

2021 Topps Series 2:  Series 2 is out and as always I'll take a gander.  It's a design I like which helps this year.  Like much of the Braves' lineup Ozzie Albies is struggling some this year but he'll be key to any offensive turnaround with Ronald Acuna Jr. out for the season.
Pretty good pull in this hanger box.  No complaints from me.
Plenty of youngsters.  Winn is having a great year for the Cardinals hitting around .300 this season.
The checklist cards are fun.
Like some others I'm getting a bit tired with these.  Not enough change year to year in the design for me.  I liked them initially.  I do like the Arozarena photo.
Team cards are fun as well.
I like the 1989 All-Star cards even if they aren't my favorite design.  Very happy with my Jackson pull.
Good catcher photo.
We get to see faces in new places and unis.
I'm not feeling the design of Covering the Field inserts.  
Really enjoy seeing Jason Heyward on cardboard.  He was a fan favorite with the Braves who traded him in his contract season to the Cards.  He signed a big deal with the Cubs but never lived up to it though he helped Chicago win their first World Series in forever.
BREAKDOWN:
59 – Total Cards
14 – RC
2 - Checklist
2 – Yellow Parallel
1 – Team Card
1 – Future Stars
1 – Retired Great
1 – All-Star Rookie Cup
1 – Cornering the Field
1 – Rainbow Foil Parallel
1 - 1989 Topps Baseball All-Stars



4 comments:

  1. A. Can't say that the 1989 Topps All-Star subset was anything special to me until recently. After seeing these inserts, I kinda like the design.

    B. I like the Machado pointing up to the team name. Just saw a Giants player on another blog with the same pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch on the Machado card. I hadn't looked at it that way.

      Delete
  2. I really like the product that Topps has brought to the table with their 2024 flagship set. Every time I open a pack, I am happy. Anyway, I do like the Covering the Field inserts but I am having a hard time pulling them. I am collecting the Stars of MLB insert again. The Bo card is kind of plain but then again it is Bo so there should not be much more said.

    ReplyDelete