Sunday, June 2, 2024

2023 Topps Star Wars Blaster

2023 Star Wars: A huge Star Wars fan so it was a no brainer to pick up a blaster.  We'll kick it off with Rey who is a favorite character of mine.  I know the last two Star Wars movies aren't fan favorites and I don't like the choices those movies made either.  Still, I really like Rey.  I think she's a great character and hope to see her moving forward which is rumored.
The base design is simple but I like it.  Here we have a favorite of mine in Darth Maul and of course fan favorite, Grogu.  Jyn Erso is in Rogue One which is one of my favorite Star Wars movies.  The stills here do a decent job showing the characters even if we don't really see action shots.
Epic Clashes inserts showcase just that.  These two fought multiple times with Anakin ultimately coming out on top.  I like the photos here and the insert.
A Rainbow Foil Parallel and a Gold Foil Parallel.  I enjoy how we got to see a completely different side of the Tusken Raiders in the Boba Fett series.  I'm a big Quinlan Vos guy and I hope we get to see him again in the future as hinted at in the Obi-Wan series.  There are autos possible in hobby boxes which are cheaper than expected but it's probably due to the small autograph checklist.
The Empires Strikes Back is a favorite of mine and I really like the visuals from Hoth so this photo is one I like even if it feels a bit blurred.
The backs are simple but good.  The synopsis is great for characters you may not be familiar with.
Comics Cover Art inserts are pretty cool.  We get to see art of some of our favorite characters.
These shots are nice on Into the Galaxy inserts.  Shots we see at different times in shows or movies but here we can enjoy the details.
These are Lightsaber Stylings Die-Cut inserts.  Die-cut don't always hit with me but I see where they were going with these inserts.
Krrsantan was a good add to the Star Wars universe.  You can never get enough Wookie's.
RIP
More cover art and the back of an Epic Clashes insert. 
These are fun.  There's variety, the design works for me and plenty of the Star Wars universe we all love including current television series out there.  Really nice Ahsoka Red Foil Parallel #/199.
BREAKDOWN:
70 – Total Cards
7 – Into the Galaxy
6 - Comic Covers Cover Art
5 - Lightsaber Stylings Die-Cut
4 – Rainbow Foil Parallel
3 – Gold Foil Parallel
2 – Epic Clashes
1 – Red Foil Parallel #/199



 

4 comments:

  1. Voting for Darth Maul. He should have gotten better treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. One of the best characters and best lightsaber fights and he was gone. And a favorite of mine. They did bring him back but he really could have been a pillar of the prequels if they'd done it right.

      Delete
  2. I hope Disney puts out a live action release one day that documents the story behind Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress. Big fan of both of these characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. After Obi-Wan and The Bad Batch we know they were alive. We have hope and I like them both as well.

      Delete