Tuesday, June 28, 2016

2016 Panini Prestige Football Cards

Grabbed a pack of the 2016 Panini Prestige Football cards.  The pack cost $4.99 for 40 cards.  Not too bad a return for cards these days.  The fronts have nice photos and I like the way the name and team logo are displayed.  It is missing the player's position though.  The Prestige logo and year are at the top.  I'm not a foil guy but this isn't overdone.
The backs are a plus with a write-up and the stats you'd expect.  The design seems unique in how the particulars are diplayed and I really like the team logo over the black and white photo which is a reproduction of the front picture.  I like it.  Can't really put my finger on it but I think it is better than some of the others I've seen.
The inserts weren't bad but nothing to write home about.  Still I'm not complaining.  My favorite insert is the Peyton Manning Stars of the NFL card.  I could do without the Xtra Points cards. There is a subtle color highlight but it is just unappealing to me.  Nice pull overall with plenty of stars.  I like these cards and will probably grab more over time.  Panini did well with this set.   

BREAKOUT:
40 Total Cards
32 Base Cards (4 rookie cards)

4 Xtra Points Parallels (3 base / 1 rookie card)
1 Stars of the NFL
1 Connections
1 Big Board
1 Banner Season

No comments:

Post a Comment