Tuesday, September 3, 2024

2023-2024 Donruss Optic Basketball Blaster

 23-24 Optic: We'll kick off this blaster with a Jaylen Brown who's a newly minted NBA Champion.  Brown is so good and signed a max extension with the Celtics which was very deserved.  Boston is setup between him and the rest of their team for success for the foreseeable future.
I'm not a big fan of this Donruss design and it being Optimized? doesn't change much for me but I will say it looks somewhat better in this format.  Nice pull in box too.  Very happy to see one of my favorites, Georgia alum and gold medal winner Anthony Edwards
My rookie pull is exciting to say the least.  Wemby is by far the chase amongst rookies in 23-24 and, no lie, one of the reasons I picked up this box.
Here we have a Purple and Checkerboard Parallel.  Both look pretty good.
Jalen Williams had a great year for OKC averaging 19 points per game while shooting 42% from three.
Not a big fan of the Splash inserts but I'm a fan of the pull.  Brandon Miller was the second-best player from last year's draft.
This was a fun box.  And who knows, maybe I'll grab another one in the chase for Wemby.  We'll end it with Trae Young and a pretty good photo.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
4 – Rated Rookie
2 – RC
2 – Spash
2 – Purple Parallel
1 – My House
1 – Holo Parallel
1 – Checkerboard Parallel



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good call. I like the photo and how the colors work on that card.

      Delete
  2. It'd be cool if they made Splash inserts for Klay and Steph and they were made with that liquid stuff that Fleer put inside of those Wave of the Future inserts back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those I could get behind. With the right colors and design they could be great.

      Delete
  3. I like the Jaylen, Jalen, and Jrue. Optic cards are cool but I am also getting tired of Donruss designs :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donruss definitely needs some work. Not a big fan lately - feels like they are just mailing it in.

      Delete