Sunday, September 22, 2024

2023 Select Football

2023 Select:  You have to think, or hope Jalen Hurts and the Eagles can get past their collapse of last season.  They've started off well so there is hope.
Saquon is looking like a great pickup for those same Eagles.  Some irony that he went to a team within the division.  That A-Aron is a Club Level design while Saquon is Concourse.  I've enjoyed Select in previous years but not a big fan this year.  Maybe my tastes are changing.  It feels like Select but I'm just not there.  
Rookie representation.  You'll find plenty of diecut parallels as well.  They don't do much for me but there are those who like them.  Kobie Turner had an outstanding first year with nine sacks.  Jordan Addison was no slouch with 73 catches.  BJU Ojulari had four sacks but is injured this season.
The backs are colorful but lack stats.  Always a bummer.  The cards are separated across different levels:

Concourse – #1-100
Premier Level – #101-200
Club Level – #201-300
FIeld Level – #301-400
Suite Level – #401-500
Some inserts.  Nothing crazy good but they are okay.  Select Certified would be my favorite here.  Nice Nacua pull while Addison makes another appearance.
These are Red & Yellow Prizm Die Cut parallels which are three to a pack.  I can't see myself picking up more of the these.  The price point and lack of wow factor will keep me away.

BREAKDOWN:
15 – Total Cards
9 – RC
6 – Concourse
3 – Premier Level
3 – Red & Yellow Prizm Die Cut
1 – Future
1 – Numbers
1 – Club Level
1 – Field Level
1 – Turbo Charged
1 – Select Certified


6 comments:

  1. Nice Puka! My buddy is a Rams fan, so we've been talking about him and his injury this week. I just learned that he's from Utah (had assumed he was from Hawaii).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you got some good players at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping to open some. Haven't found any and haven't been able to afford it if I do lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price point on these isn't easy that's for sure. Hope you can find packs or ate least singles that make sense for you.

      Delete