Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Random Wax: 2022-2023 Hoops Blaster

22-23 Hoops: Jayson Tatum pumped for his gold medal with Team USA.  I know there's lots of churn about Tatum's lack of playing time but I think too much is made of it.  Someone always ends up on the short end of the stick on these teams.  Not saying he should be excited but he didn't play that well when he was on the court and it was Steve Kerr's decision.
Solid pull in this blaster and I like this Hoops design.  Picked up this box last June.
Jabari Smtih Jr. and Chet Holmgren have had really good starts to their careers.
Everyone likes the Hoops Tibute cards which have a nice retro feel to them.  And more great players on these.
Arriving Now is probably my favorite of these inserts and I can't figure out if I like Skyview or not.  I'm out on Pure Players.
I'm good with Frequent Flyers.  Great players always help too.
AJ Griffin had a solid rookie season but injury derailed his 2023-2024 performance.  That blank background is such lost opportunity on these Rookie Greeting inserts.
Plenty of Team USA players in this box.  Tatum, Edwards, Davis, Durant.  Not to mention many who played for other contries.
Love all four of these photos as we finish off the post.  Good job Panini.  I really enjoyed Olympic basketball and boxes like this keep my basketball high going.  KD is feeling it too.
BREAKDOWN:
90 – Total Cards
13 – RC
5 – Hoops Tribute
3 – Blue Parallel
3 – Purple Parallel
2 – Frequent Flyers
1 – Skyview
1 – Pure Players
1 – Arriving Now
1 – Retired Great
1 – Rookie Greetings


 

4 comments:

  1. I would've said put a mini city skyline there, but I guess Atlanta doesn't have much of one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta be something from Atlanta they could throw in the background, right?

      Delete
  2. Panini should have embedded some acetate into those Skyview inserts. If they had... I feel like they'd be super popular among collectors.

    ReplyDelete