Friday, September 27, 2024

Random Wax: 2022 Gypsy Queen Blaster

2022 Gypsy QueenGoldy is having a tough season but he's had an excellent career.  At 36 his best years are behind him, but I don't doubt he plays another season or two.
This isn't my favorite Gypsy Queen design, but GQ is always fun.  Max Fried has had better seasons but it was another really good year for Max who finished with a sub-four ERA.
Connor Wong and Josh Lowe have developed into good hitters while Detmers has had some good seasons but unfortunately 2024 hasn't been one of them.  
GQ Gems mini.  I'm not a fan of minis but I like the design.
Two of my seven Green Parallels and my Turquoise Parallel #/199 which is a great Reynolds pull.  
Jarren Duran on a diecut See the Future insert. He's having an excellent year for the Bosox.  Feels like Matt Chapman hasn't been with the A's for a very long time.  The current San Francisco Giant just signed a six-year $151M extension.  Good on him.  Gypsy Queen is always fun.
BREAKDOWN:
49 – Total Cards
11 – RC
1 – Crystal Gazing
7 – Green Parallel
1 – GQ Gems Minis
1 – Turquoise #/199




3 comments:

  1. Wheel of Fortune vibes.

    Voting for Goldschmidt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call Elliptical Man. Before seeing your comment, I was thinking "steampunk". Either way... I don't mind this design.

      Delete
    2. Steampunk is what I think of as well. But hard to argue with the Wheel. ;)

      Delete