Sunday, September 8, 2024

Random Wax: 2023 Contenders Football

2023 Contenders:  Week 1 Sunday football...GO! Can't wait.  I'm sure Lamar and the Ravens can't wait either.  They seem prime for a strong championship run.  Can they do it?  TBD.  This card is a Red Parallel.
I like the design of this year's Contenders' set.  Small sized set so you should normally get a decent pull, and I feel like I overachieved in this pack.  
Hopefully Anthony Richardson can be stay healthy and do well in Indy.  Will McDonald had three sacks in his rookie season.  The backs are good.  Not great but good.
Love the Historic Draft Class inserts.  Good design and I really enjoy seeing guys like LT on cardboard.
Plenty of receiving goodness here.
I think Russell Wilson and how he does with a change of scenery is one of the biggest stories of the year.  Surely it is in Pittsburgh.  Can't wait to see what Kirk Cousins does in Atlanta to.  We needed the quarterback help and he could be the answer.  And to end it, we get some kicker and some more Kansas City love.  Enjoy week one!


BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
3 – Red Game Ticket Parallels
1 – RC
1 – Draft Class
1 – Retired Great
1 – Round Numbers
1 – Historic Draft Class
1 – Bronze Game Ticket Parallel


6 comments:

  1. I'll be rooting for Wilson to resurrect his career in Pittsburgh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad he's injured. I know they won but they need better QB play. And I too want to see him do well again. I can't figure out what went south in Denver.

      Delete
  2. Ugh... anyone but Butker :P

    Nice Lamar and LT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I'll vote for Butker just to troll the wokesters.

    ReplyDelete