Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A Night Out at the Ballpark: Braves @ Cards in St. Louis (29 Jun 18)

Was able to get out to my first baseball game of the year and see my Braves beat the Cardinals 5-1 Friday night.  The game was at Busch Stadium. It was a thousand degrees but I made sure I hydrated and survived.  Busch Stadium is a great place to see a game.  Our seats were in right field and other than staring into the sun for the first 2 1/2 innings I was really pleased.  As is normally the case with my buddy whom I attended he wanted to head over to Ballpark Village in the fifth inning.  I did not complain.  Ballpark Village is a great venue with plenty of restaurants and bars, not to mention a hundred giant screen TVs.  It makes for a relaxing way to enjoy the game amongst a sea of baseball fans either doing the same as us or who bypassed the stadium altogether.  It really is a wonderful compliment to an already nice stadium.    
  The game saw Atlanta win 5-1 with rookie Johan Camargo hitting a key two-run double in the 8th inning.  The Braves also got six shutout innings from inconsistent Julio Teheran which nice to see.  This was a great game to watch as St. Louis was held in check and it just seemed like Atlanta's offense would break through against the Cardinals who are struggling somewhat this year.  I really enjoyed being at the ballpark.  From watching the game, to the stadium and friends I couldn't ask for much more.  Truly a good time.  It's exciting to see Atlanta be relevant in July and who woulda thunk they'd have the best record in the National League?  They have such great young talent and I'm really hoping they can strike while the iron is hot.  They need bullpen help and I'd love to see them pick up a quality starter but I'm not sure what the front office is ready to do.  Can't wait to see how this plays out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment