Friday, October 19, 2018

2018 WWE Women's Division Blaster Box w/Auto

I missed out on these last year so for the last year I've been waiting and jumped on the 2018 Topps WWE Women's Division cards when they came out.  It's been a very long time since I followed wrestling but enjoy kinda knowing what's going on if that makes any sense.  I love how the women's division has taken off in popularity.  Great combination of drama, good looking athletic ladies and more fun wrestling.  There were a total of 71 cards in my blaster including this auto of Candice LeRae which is a bronze parallel numbered /75.  Don't know much about her but this is her 1st Card and I'm excited to have pulled it.  The only downside is you can see some wear on the bottom right corner right out of the pack.  It is very slight, and not even noticeable in the scan, but enough to dampen the enthusiasm a bit.  This beauty is up for trade.  As much as I like the card I'm not really into autographs so let me know if you are interested.  Also, if you get a chance take a look at The Raz Card Blog's break of three boxes of these cards.  He definitely pulled some nice cards and you'll see a few of the inserts I didn't get in his good post.


I grabbed the Ronda Rousey rookie card which a was a win.  I like Charlotte Flair so those cards of hers that I pulled will go into my personal collection.  I knew many more of the names than I thought I would.  I know I've watched WWE Divas TV series a few too many times which helped me recognize a few of the ladies.
 I really like the design of these cards.  The limited framing, the coloring on the left side of card and the really nice photos makes this a set I am really enjoying.  While the action photos really stand out to me the other shots don't seem boring to me at all.
Plenty of variety here as Topps highlighted legends, current stars and rookies as well as matches and events across the WWE platforms.  I definitely didn't get bored with my pulls.
I grabbed this blaster off Amazon for $16.95 (free shipping with my Amazon Prime)!  Not sure why the low price but the same seller has bumped the price back up to $19.95 which is the norm.  I was definitely in the right place at the right time.
I like these cards enough I'm definitely considering going back to pick up a blaster of the 2017 Women's Division cards.
The Power Couples cards weren't my favorite but I do like that legends were included here alongside current WWE couples.  I pulled two Randy Savage Power Couples cards and must say Miss Elizabeth was a much better "manager".  

BREAKDOWN:
7 Packs X 10 Cards Per + 1 Hit Pack
71 – Total Cardds
18 – WWE
11 – Power Couples
9 – NXT
9 - Memorable Matches and Moments Mae Young Classic
8 - Memorable Matches and Moments NXT
6 - Memorable Matches and Moments SmackDown Live
5 – Women’s Royale Rumble
2 - Memorable Matches and Moments Raw
2 - Memorable Matches and Moments Raw
2 – 1st Card
2 - RC
1 – WWE Legend
1 – Roster Updates Autograph Bronze #/75

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I knew the odds were 50/50 on pulling her so I was pretty stoked to actually pull her.

      Delete
  2. Cutie Suzuki for me. 😍
    https://www.comc.com/Cards/Wrestling/2011/BBM_True_Heart_-_Base/73/Cuty_Suzuki/11672707

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty cool and she's pretty, dare I say, cute? Had to. I ran across a blog once of a guy who collected a ton of Japanese wrestling cards. I didn't even know they were such a thing. Nice card. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! I think the 2018 product is far superior to the 2017 release, but there are still some fun things to find in last year's blasters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. The blasters from last year aren't too expensive so I'll definitely make that happen.

      Delete
  4. I really like the looks of these. For some reason, the hot pink is appealing to me. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing a lot of folks saying they like this year's design. Topps may have gotten it right on this one. Thanks

      Delete
    2. By the way that was your blog I was referencing above in my reply to Eddie Braddock. Great that you weighed in.

      Delete