Tuesday, February 19, 2019

2001 Wizards Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone Trading Cards

I picked up some random packs of non-sport cards from the eBay seller Bob Rewak and I'll recap those over the next few weeks.  This 2001 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone pack contains cards I've seen described as widevision but they are just a bit smaller than what we know as widevision.  My daughter was into the Harry Potter books and movies well before me.  I've read all the books and enjoy the movies and consider myself a fan.  She'll be the recipient of these cards.  There aren't any inserts in this set so there'll be none seen here. 
  



The fronts are pretty nice though there seems to be quite a bit of wasted space.  The photos taken from the movie are good but would be better bigger.  I'm good with the basic design but it seems it could have been tweaked a bit to make it look better.

The backs have a short description or back story to what we are seeing on the front of the cards.  The design is fine with me.


These movie seem ripe for trading cards.  The visuals of the Harry Potter world are so great and visually cool how can it not work?  This is where I think some larger photos would have added to the appeal here.  There were also vertical cards in the set. They give you a larger photo which I do like a bit more.  Overall not bad cards and it was a fun look back at the movie. 


BREAKDOWN:
7 - Total Cards

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the books (only read the first three in full), but couldn't get past The Goblet of Fire. That book is insanely long and my attention span is way too short. I have watched all of the movies multiple time. In fact, I'll do a marathon at least once every other year. Never got into the trading cards, although I wouldn't mind picking up a few of my favorite character's signatures or relics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a along series of books. I was much more of a reader at the time and pressed through so I could be done before the last movie came out. These cards are OK but I definitely like the look at the next Harry Potter pack of cards I opened much better. That pack is now up on the blog.

      Delete
  2. Definitely random, but cool! Love the books too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I always enjoy throwing up fun stuff from my little world.

      Delete