Thursday, February 28, 2019

Trail Blazers Mail Day from Cards on Cards

Kerry from Cards on Cards sent me a package full of Portland Trail Blazer cards.  He's one of the few basketball fans/card bloggers I know of and not only that but he is  also a fan of the Trail Blazers.  The cards blew me away and I have to say how much I appreciate them.  They are from every era and were stocked full of stars and variety.  There were plenty of sets I've never seen before. Thanks so much to Kerry for his generosity and I can only show off so many of the cards but believe me there were many more.  This Anfernee Simons card is far and away my favorite.  I really do like it.  The design and his emotion work perfectly for me.
 Arvydas Sabonis is a top 5 all-time Trail Blazer for me while Buck Williams is my #2 all-time favorite NBA player.  Great pickups. I've been way too slow adding to my collections of my favorite players and this mail day helped me quite a bit.
I love that Donruss All-Stars card of Damian Lillard.  That's also a sweet Lillard rookie from the Past and Present set.  This Vortex C.J. McCollum is a nice looking card and my favorite of his from those I received.
Some great guards from Portland's past.  I love the Hall Kings cards and this is my first Drexler card from this set.  Porter was such a good point guard and he could shoot too.  Drazen Petrovic didn't hit his stride until after he was traded to the New Jersey Nets.  Sadly a car accident took his life at the age of 28.
Cliff Robinson was a versatile big man who could play center or either forward spot.  He was very athletic and active on defense as well.  Mychal Thompson is a guy I always liked.  More famous for being Klay's dad nowadays.  It is easy to forget that Otis Thorpe spent time with the team.  He was such a good PF.
I remember Chris Dudley as a very hard working player and one who couldn't hit free throws.  More cards of Porter and Drexler that I really like.
Jusuf Nurkic has been a great pickup for this team.  Jim Paxon is a top 5 all-time Blazer for me.  He was such a good player.  I also love the Star cards and had many of the early sets at one time.  The Claver card does a good job of highlighting the ripcity alternate jersey.


This Jerome Kersey is one of two Jam Session oversized cards.  



This Topps Tall Boy is great.  Dave Twardzik was an underrated player for some of those early Trail Blazer teams.  Great addition to my collection.  

8 comments:

  1. Kerry is very generous indeed. Lots of great cards here, the Lillard Rc and Petro in particular. Plus the tall boy Twardzik. The Paxson looks familiar..i think I might have sent him that card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry really is. I was blown away. So many great players and cards.

      Delete
  2. Great group. Most of my childhood is represented here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tons of great players and those early 90's teams were great...and so so close to being a championship team.

      Delete
  3. That Past & Present Lillard rookie is cool. I've always liked the look of that base set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've picked up quite a few singles from that set over the years.

      Delete
  4. No Maurice Lucas? A Blazers set really is not complete without him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe demanded a trade prior to the cards being shipped. ;) Definitely was a big part of that championship team and he could have been an enforcer in hockey if he wanted to.

      Delete