Sunday, November 10, 2019

Random Wax: 2016 Contenders Football

2016 Contenders Football:  Been a while since I busted a pack of these.  Not my favorite design from this brand but one that has grown on me the more I see it in hand.  Nice seeing retired greats like Bart Starr in these newer sets.  Oddly enough I think he is the only retired great in this base set which totals 100 cards.
Plenty of stars to be found here.  It stinks to see such a great player like J.J. Watt out for the year due to injury.  The Texans should be contenders at the end of the year but his loss won't help that defense that needs all the help it can get.
To remind everyone those numbers are the player's weight, height in inches, and uniform number.
A fun pack.  I won't hesitate when I see Contenders packs so expect more of this brand in the future.

BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
1 – Touchdown Tandems

4 comments:

  1. It's a real bummer that Watt is out again, he has such tough luck with injuries. Not a Texans fan, but they just can't seem to have a good QB/good RB/healthy JJ at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. A ton of talent there but injuries seem to continually hit them.

      Delete
  2. It's funny that they'd only include Starr as a retired legend. Maybe it's a tribute to him and his legacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Seems really odd. Didn't dig into but I might soon.

      Delete