Thursday, October 1, 2020

The Addams Family (2019) Movie Review

 

The Addams Family (2019) came out last year but I didn't get around to it until earlier this year.  I've been a big fan of the franchise from when I was a kid and watched each episode countless times. I also enjoyed the movies that came out in the nineties.  This animated offering gives the family a new origin story.  The laughs are familiar as the Addams' lifestyle conflicts with the "normal" families of the town they live in and Pugsley and Wednesday go through some coming of age moments familiar to many of us growing up.  The characterizations of the main characters is good.  The Addams Family is definitely a good watc.  I like this movie and it is a good way to start off October! 


4 comments:

  1. This movie is defintely a great watch. My daughter and I went to watch it in the theatre and both of us enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to find others who enjoyed the movie as well. :)

      Delete
  2. I watched the B&W show when I was a kid... but never watched any of the movies. I might have tried to watch the 90's movies, but don't remember anything about them. Not sure I'd watch this version either. If I'm gonna watch anime, there are some Japanese shows I've got sitting in my watchlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty good movie but I know it's not for everyone. I watched a ton as a kid as well and loved it.

      Delete