Friday, October 30, 2020

Random Wax: 2020 Topps Baseball Hanger Box

 2020 Topps Baseball:  Not a huge fan of this years flagship deisgn but I do like these 1985 Topps 35th Anniversary cards.  Don Mattingly got his surprising Miami Marlins to the playoffs.  This was their first season with a winning record since 2009 so fans had something to cheer for even if they were slept by Atlanta in the playoffs.  
I've had this box for a while now but it's very appropriate with all the Dodgers I pulled.  
Both of these are fun cards.  Gotta love that hair!
I'm not a fan of the Turkey Red but I am a fan of Khris Davis and you can never complain about a Yelich even if he had a very off year.   Those Decade's Best inserts are nice.

I can't complain about my pull that's for sure.  
I like Joey Votto.  He isan on base machine!  He's struggled a bit the last two years and is in the twilight of his career.  He didn't put up Hall of Fame numbers but he'll be remembered for being an excellent hitter on some not so good Reds teams.  This was a fun box and so was the 2020 season that will never be forgotten.

BREAKDOWN:

72 – Total Cards
8 – RC
4 – Team Card
4 – Turkey Red
3 – Checklist
2 – Hoskins Highlights
1 – League Leaders
1 – Rainbow Parallel
1 – Decade’s Best Teams
1 - 1985 Topps 35th Anniversary







2 comments:

  1. Of course, I have to say that I like the Decade's Best insert of the Indians. I do not have that card yet. 2016 was such a magical fall for the Indians even if they lost the World Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind Turkey Red cards in general. They're nice looking cards. I just wish they were a standard product that Topps would release every 5 or 6 years.

    ReplyDelete