Sunday, October 4, 2020

2020 Donruss Football Hanger Box

2020 Donruss Football: Finally got hold of these in the form of two hanger boxes found on the shelf.  This is my first hanger and my first look of these in hand.  I like them.  They have a familiar look but it works.  Lamar Jackson has big expectations this year and it'll be fun to see how he and Baltimore does.  They've already lost the all important test against Kansas City but it is a long season. 
I like the simple design and the striping or graphics on the side borders.  Only thing missing is the player's position.  I thought my pull was a good one as well.
The backs are Donruss backs which mean boring.  At least we know going in what we'll get.
Retired legends!  You know I look forward to these.  I only wish there were more in the pack but I love seeing these guys on new cardboard.
Plenty of rookies and one is a Red Press Proof parallel you find in these boxes.
I really like both of these inserts.  Chiefs players should get cool cards like this and I'm sure the Mahomes card is in big demand.  I'm a big fan of the 1990 Donruss baseball card set so this retro insert is a big hit with me.
Love the Inducted insert and Cliff Harris isn't a guy you see nowadays so it is that much more fun.  You'll find nine players from the 2020 Hall of Fame class in this insert set.  The other two inserts, Elite Series and Power Formulas, didn't scan that great but they are good looking cards in hand.
The Larry Fitzgerald Dominators below is my favorite card from the box.  The colors really work and it is a sharp looking card.  This was a fun box with a good pull and plenty of variety.  I'm glad I finally got my hands on some.  I'll post the other hanger box later.  Enjoy your Sunday football!


BREAKDOWN:
50 – Total Cards
6 – Retired Greats
4 – RC
4 – Red Press Proof
1 – Elite Series
1 – Inducted
1 – Retro 1990
1 – Dominators
1 – The Rookies
1 – Power Formulas
1 – Action All-Pros
1 – Elite Series Rookies
1 – The Champ is Here








 

4 comments:

  1. Cool Moon. I like seeing the old school Oilers logo with the light blue and red colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy Moon in those old Houston unis.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a huge football guy, but the variety in that box looks awesome, I think I'd enjoy a rip of that!

    ReplyDelete