Sunday, October 11, 2020

Random Wax: 1990 Pro Set Football

1990 Pro Set Football:  This is a set I really like and I know I opened a large amount of packs back in the day.  This Warren Moon is a great start.  I'm a big fan and I love Pro Bowl cards with in-game photos.  Perfect combination.  


Some dominant defensive lineman back in the day and more of those Pro Bowl cards.  Love it.  And if you're going to get a coach few topped Parcells back then.
I really enjoy Super Bowl cards.  One of my favorite all-time inserts is the Super Bowl MVP set from this Pro Set issue.  I picked it up a few years ago on eBay and you can see my blog entry here.  Speaking of defensive line greatness...
The backs are great.  An extra photo, plenty of stats, we got color and a nice write-up.  Pro Set knew how to do backs.  This was a fun pack and I wouldn't mind a box of these so I may have to put that on the want list.  


BREAKDOWN:
14 – Total Cards
3 – Pro Bowl
2 – Coach
1 – Super Bowl
1 – Hall of Fame


 

5 comments:

  1. Said it before... and I'll say it again. 1990 Pro Set rules. Colorful design, great photography, and deep checklists make a powerful trio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite sets as a kid. I learned so much about football from 1990 Pro Set, and if I saw a box of it at a card show I wouldn't mind spending $10 or so on either series. Unfortunately that's unlikely to happen and if I really want one I'd have to pay that much just for shipping :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shipping and lack of card shows makes it difficult for sure. But if I find some against all hope I'll grab it.

      Delete
  3. Pro Set always makes for a fun open! I've opened so many boxes over the years, but will almost always still buy any that I find for under $10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. Always fun and the price is right.

      Delete