Sunday, June 25, 2023

2022 NASCAR Chronicles

2022 Chronicles:  Somehow I've had 2022 NASCAR Chronicles for almost a year but haven't posted any.  Here we go.  We'll kick it off with The King, Richard Petty.  Not sure how I feel about XR but Petty is always a good pull.  NASCAR starts back up today after taking Father's Day off.  NBC also takes over TV coverage for the second half of the season.
Chronicles is all about variety.  They have plenty of "shiny card" inclusions.  I actually like all three of these.  Contenders is a favorite of mine as is Crusade.
Here we have a couple of Phoenix cards as well as a Titanium.  None of these wow me.
Here we have Magnitude, Donruss and Clear Vision cards.  I wish Magnitude had something else going on with that card.  Donruss is kinda blah but I do like Clear Vision.
Zenith are ok.  I think the Obsidian cards are bit better even if they are busy.  Fun pulling an auto.  Jeremy Clements is an Xfinity lifer who's 38 now with two wins to his name.  To race for that long is a testament do his driving skills even if he hasn't made it to the Cup Series.
We see the base card design.  It's solid.  Not great but good.  Like many of these, including the Absolute design I would like to see the car number added to the fronts.  Or something to help round them out.  That Dale Jr. is a Spectrum which is okay.
We'll start a run of Chase Elliott cards.  He's one of the drivers I'm a fan of today so no complaints from me.  Overdrive doesn't do it for me and the Pinnacle feels like a Pinnacle card to me but is somewhat bland.
Pedal to the Metal and Black cards are nice cards.  We get to see the cars these guys race and it adds another dimension to the cards which is nice.  Fun pack of cards.  
BREAKDOWN:
25 – Total Cards
5 – Green Parallel
2 – XR
2 - Phoenix
2 - Overdrive
2 – Magnitude
2 – Clearly Donruss
2 – Optic Contenders
1 – Black
1 – Zenith
1 - Limited
1 - Spectra
1 – Crusade
1 - Pinnacle
1 - Absolute
1 – Obsidian
1 – Titanium
1 - Chronicles
1 – Clear Vision
1 – Pedal to the Metal
1 – Absolute Autographs




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on pulling an autograph! As for this product... I like the Phoenix and Clear Vision cards the most.

    ReplyDelete