Thursday, June 22, 2023

Random Wax: 1990-1991 Hoops Basketball (6 Packs)

90-91 Hoops:  The NBA draft is tonight.  Dreams for fans will start as their teams try to find "the guy" who will take their team to next level.  Magic was that guy for the Los Angeles Lakers.
The pulls in these packs are always a win.  Here we have my all-time favorite player with Nique, to go with Larry Legend and The Mailman.  That Nique photo is a classic.
We love actual all-star game photos.  We need more of these.
Dennis Rodman went on to a Hall of Fame career but Danny Ferry probably had the better style as a rookie.  Though Dennis would go on to redefine "style" with some of his outfits during his career.
Love the coaching cards as well.
The backs are great giving us all the stats we want including college and all-star game stats.  Bravo Hoops bravo.
Ralph Sampson and Trent Tucker are favorites of mine while I also like Jeff Hornacek.  I would love to see Hornacek and Tucker shoot in today's game.  Sampson's career wasn't what it could have been due to injuries but he had a short fun run with the Rockets and Hakeem as part of the Twin Towers.
So many great memories of all these guys.  I watched all the NBA I could back in the day.  Still love the league but the 80s and early 90s will always be special to me.


BREAKDOWN:
90 – Total Cards (6 Packs)
9 – Coach
7 – All-Star
6 –Rookie
1 – Award


10 comments:

  1. My NBA fanfare started in the 80's... and peaked in the 90's. It's gone downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still enjoying the NBA but I know many who aren't that excited about the league today.

      Delete
  2. 'Nique, Rodman, and Karl Malone are the best here.
    The Ferry card has the Coliseum on the back, if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have that on the back. And the Nique photo is a classic.

      Delete
  3. I have always liked that Larry Bird card. How often do you see a picture of Bird trying to drive to the hoop? I have given thought to collecting these All Star cards but I cannot find this product anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those fun times opening those packs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. That's why I grabbed a box. So many great memories opening these and it was just as fun this time.

      Delete
  5. The early Hoops cards will never be topped.

    ReplyDelete