Friday, June 23, 2023

2023 Topps Series 2 Hanger Box

 2023 Topps S2:  My first look at Series 2 where we get to see updated photos of players as well as youngsters and players in their new unis.  We'll kick it off with Xander Bogaerts.  A great player, it was hard to see him leave Boston.  He was a part of two championship teams during his time in Boston.
Players with their new teams.  Justin Turner is the only one of these three doing well this season though I think Matt Carpenter's mustache still has game.
Anthony Volpe is the new hotness amongst rookie cards so this was a nice pull.
Nice when Topps goes outside the box with their photos as in this picture of the Tampa Bay Rays celebrating the post season.
More youngsters.
Here we have a Checklist, World Baseball Classic insert as well was a 1988 Topps Baseball.  I like the WBC card.  Helps that he is a Boston Red Sox.
Lots of blue going on with these three.  Had to get a Greinke card in here.  He's a favorite of mine.
These are nice looking cards but not the star power I'd like to see.
Another team card.
Three nice looking photos and we end it with another San Diego Padre.  I like this year's design but I may not look for any more Series 2 cards.  Just not my thing per se.  

BREAKDOWN:
67 – Total Cards
12 – RC
5 – Future Stars
4 – Team Cards
4 – Stars of MLB
1 – Checklist
1 – 1988 Topps Baseball
1 – World Baseball Classic



6 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the Bader yet. Nice looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging those World Baseball Classic inserts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have opened some series 2 and have to say that I have enjoyed Topps issued cards this year. I am working on the Stars of MLB insert from series 2. Have I told you about a new collection that I am working on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A. Love that Xander photo! He started the year off pretty hot... but has cooled off quite a bit. Sure hope he heats up again. He had a great game yesterday.

    B. Glad to see Fujinami finally get his Topps flagship base card. He's the opposite of Xander. Had a horrendous start... but the last five or six games he's pitched in has been decent (very small sample size though).

    C. WBC cards? That's awesome! I just looked at the checklist... and I'm stoked that they included non-MLB players in the set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm way behind on my 2023 basebal card purchases, thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bogaerts, Greinke, and Verdugo win this round.

    ReplyDelete