Sunday, June 18, 2023

Star Wars 40th Anniversary Return of the Jedi The Black Series 6" Stormtrooper

 ROTJ Stormtrooper:  I've always loved stormtroopers since I first saw them on the big screen as a kid in the 70s.  I still have multiples of the originals and some Hasbro Star Sars Black Series figures which I really enjoy.  These OG stormtroopers aren't always easy to find so I jumped on five of these when they were announced.  That background is from the Darth Vader Legacy Pack my sister got me for my birthday some years back.
He's a fun looking figure and really looks good in hand.
Probably not much different than different iterations of the figure but I'm just happy to have another one in hand.  Can't have enough of these guys.
The backs are what we come to expect with stormtroopers.  He's not the most easy to stand.  Not sure exactly why but it seems to stem from the feet.  Maybe too narrow?  They look fine and really I'm not complaining.
I'm overall pretty happy.  He can be a bit stiff when posing him but that armor lends to those issues.
That shoulder pad got a bit loose when putting him in a shooting pose.  Didn't take much to get it back to its normal position.
As I said I picked up five of the figures.  Two each will go to the grandsons.  All the classic stormtroopers they have have broken, mostly at the elbow. They'll be excited to see a couple of additions added to their pile of ever-growing Star Wars figures.
One will sit on my shelf and just look awesome.  Enjoy your Sunday.


4 comments:

  1. Cool figure. Your grandsons are lucky to have a grandpa like you.

    I always liked the way stormtroopers looked too as a kid (and as an adult). I feel like Hasbro could make three or four packs of these for army building and they wouldn't have any problems selling them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Army building is the best. The boys love all the different troopers and always want more.

      Delete