Monday, June 12, 2023

Random Wax: 2018-2019 Hoops Portland Trail Blazers Team Set

18-19 Hoops: Nuggets go for their first Championship in franchise history tonight.  This is a Portland Trail Blazers team set I picked up two years ago.  This was a set I like with a nice ice design.  Lillard would be the easy choice to go first here but CJ McCollum is a really good shooter and helped New Orleans be relevant this last season.  Always liked CJ but I understand why Portland decided to try something different.
Nurkic is one of those guys Portland has to figure out this offseason.  He is a good center but not great.  I like him but I am thinking it is time to move on.  I believe the Trail Blazers keep him.  Zach Collins plays for the Spurs now and had a nice contract year.
Anfernee Simons had a really good year.  Kind of the same stats as what you'd expect from CJ.  He's younger and should be a piece for some time.  I just hope this year wasn't a fluke.
Are these guys still on the team?  No.  All good.  This offseason is all about figuring how to get a team around Dame that can compete.  He has repeatedly said he wants to stay in Portland and also says he wants to win.  Can those two converge soon?  That's the big question.  I love Dame.  He's great and my favorite all-time Trail Blazer.  We'll finish it off with him and here's to hoping he is in Portland for the rest of his career.



No comments:

Post a Comment