Saturday, June 10, 2023

2023 Topps Big League Baseball

2023 Big League Baseball:  I thought I'd grabbed some of this before but I had not so I was happy to come across some at Target.  Mike Trout is having a good year but not a Mike Trout year.  I hope he can pick it up over the course of the season.  He is on pace for almost 40 home runs but his numbers overall are down.
I've liked past designs more but I do like this one.  Some color in the border could help but overall I'm good here.
Nice photo on this horizontal offering of Juan Soto.
Not a lot of rookies in this pack. Masataka Yoshida has had a great rookie season so far hitting .314.  That Stanton is an Uncommon Foil parallel.
The backs are fine with plenty of stats which is always a win.
The 8-Bit Ballers is a big goofy looking nostalgic card but I like it.  The Hank Aaron is a Topps Big Leaguers insert.  I don't care for it.  Maybe the colors but the design isn't a winner overall.  Mascots are always fun.
This is a Roll Call insert.  I go back and forth on how much I like it but overall I'm fine with it.
Good photos overall.  I like dugout photos when you get one like Spencer Strider's where in your mind you can see him coming off the field after a hard fought game on the mound.

Another Uncommon Foil parallel.  Ozzie has bounced back after a slow start and the Braves need him as a key cog in their offense.
We end it with some pitchers and the biggest free agent to be in Shohei Ohtani.  Dude will deserve every penny he gets.  Amazing what he can do both on offense and on the mound.  Fun pack of cards.  I'll pick up more given the opportunity.

BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
3 – Uncommon Foil
2 – RC
2 – Retired Great
1 - Mascot
1 – Roll Call
1 – 8 Bit Batters
1 – Topps Big Leaguers



8 comments:

  1. That Soto is cool... but it would have been a tad bit cooler had they zoomed out a little more. Love that Soto shuffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun set. Enjoyed the few packs I opened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Big League product for this year. I am not completing the set, but I am working at completing the Mascot and Roll Call insert sets. Any chance the Orbit card is available for trade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing off the cards! I haven't come across any yet, but then again I haven't been out and about much

    ReplyDelete