Thursday, June 1, 2023

Random Wax: 2022-2023 Hoops Blaster

22-23 Hoops: The NBA Finals start tonight.  I'll be rooting for the Nuggets and this beast of a center.  Denver has never been to the Finals, much less won a championship, so it would be great to see them add that banner to the rafters.  And Nikola Jokic is a great player and a fun watch, and for him to win one also seems right.
Great pull in this blaster.  This is a set I really like and will definitely be grabbing more.  Dame looks way too laid back on that shot.  Maybe from the shootaround?
Ogbaji is the top rookie amongst these three averaging almost eight points per game this season.
Here we have more young players including the Rookie of the Year in Paolo Banchero of the Orlando Magic.
They could have done more with the background on these Rookie Greetings inserts.
What does Harden do this off season?  I hear rumors of Houston but man that doesn't make sense to me.
These are the Hoops Tribute inserts which include retired greats as well as current players.  Personally I'd like to see this be all retired greats as you can never get enough of those.
More great players to show off as well as Purple and Blue parallels.  
I'm not a fan of Pure Players but I do like the Frequent Flyers and Skyview inserts.  Really nice picture of LeBron even if it feels we see that face a lot.
And some more greats of the game.  This blaster felt loaded.  No complaints from me and a great way to start the Finals.  Enjoy.

BREAKDOWN:
90 – Total Cards
13 – RC
5 – Hoops Tribute
2 – Skyview
3 – Blue Parallel
3 – Purple Parallel
2 – Pure Players
1 - Retired Great
1 – Arriving Now
1 – Frequent Flyers
1 – RiseNShine Relic
1 – Rookie Greetings


 

4 comments:

  1. Nice to get two Bancheros. I'm rooting for the Nuggets as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Denver! And yes, I can't complain about two cards from the rookie of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rooting for Denver too; let's see if Miami can make it a series being they split the first 2 games. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Miami does it. Can't count those guys out.

      Delete