Sunday, November 11, 2018

2018 Donruss Elite Football

These 2018 Panini Donruss Elite Football cards were a surprise to me.  I didn't think I would like them and that was even after I opened the 30 card pack.  These cards have a bit of a shine to them which is what threw me off at first.  I like the design and the more I look at these the more I like them.  
I was very happy with my pull.  Plenty of stars while still having a nice balance among teams and offense and defense.  I don't remember seeing anything about these cards before picking them up so I was truly going in blind and found this pack to be fun.  
This Maurice Hurst RC is the only RC I pulled while it and the Drew Brees Spellbound were my two pink parallels. I'm not feeling the pink.  The backs are fine with me with some color, a nice team logo and a duplicate of the front photo.
My only issues on the front would be the lack of position and how much space is wasted in the bottom right of the card.  Not that big a deal and more of a minor annoyance than anything.  I'll definitely pick more of these up if I'm given the chance.  They are pretty nice cards and were a fun surprise.  
BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
2 – Pink Parallels
1 –RC (Pink Parallel)
1 –Spellbound (Pink Parallel)

4 comments:

  1. These are a nice surprise, I have never liked the Elite brand but this is much different from past sets I've seen. Even the backs are an improvement over typical Panini fare. You're right about the wasted space in the bottom right; they could have used the team wordmark there and put each player's position in the bottom left, for example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you suggested would work well for this design. Why the guy approving the design doesn't see these things we'll never know.

      Delete
  2. Normally I wouldn't like gimmicky things like the lines coming across the photo... but for some reason it really works with this design. My only issue is that Alex Smith is facing right... shouldn't the lines be on his left side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch but I'm not sure to be honest. I'm with you though and for some reason this works for me.

      Delete