Friday, May 15, 2020

Random Wax: 2019 Topps Gallery Baseball

2019 Topps Gallery:  We'll kick it off with a Christian Yelich wood parallel.  I like these borders better than the base silver.  Plenty of star power in this pack though it doesn't hold up to my first Gallery pack that featured a Mike Trout base card and Ronald Acuna Masterpiece insert.  I also loved the Josh Donaldson card in that pack.  
Overall I liked the art better in my first pack of these.  This was still a good pack.  I think the art on this Arenado is my favorite here.
I like that you can find retired greats in this set.  The checklist for this 20 card Hall of Fame insert set is pretty nice.  I will have to look for some of these singles.
This is probably my favorite of the pack.  Classic look for Dustin Pedroia and I like how they captured it on a horizontal card.  Overall a good pack with plenty of stars.  I can see me picking up more of these.

BREAKDOWN:
12 – Total Cards
4 – RC
2 – Wood Border
1 – Retired Great
1 – Hall of Fame




6 comments:

  1. Definitely a fan of the action painting more than the portraits. The artist did a fantastic job on the Pedroia utilizing the landscape design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, Cole Tucker.

    I don't think I've ever opened a pack of these or seen them out in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah they don't get all the paintings right. Only my second pack but there are those that have you shaking your head.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen the Pedroia card before. The bat looks huge in his hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it. I didn't catch that on first look. Still a good looking card.

      Delete