Sunday, December 15, 2019

2019 Topps Star Wars Journey to Rise of Skywalker

2019 Topps Star Wars Journey to Rise of Skywalker: This week starts our Journey to Rise of Skywalker.  See what I did there?  Kind of corny but as a Star Wars geek I'm excited for the new movie and should get to see it Thursday night.  This pack I found at Target seems like a great way to start out the week.  Rey is definitely a favorite character of mine so this card is a good topper card for the post.
Each pack has parallels including red which is a Target exclusive.  I actually wish there were less parallels in the packs but I get folks like them.  And that said I do really like the red parallels.
There are inserts as well including this Illustrated Character, Foil, and Choose Your Destiny cards.  The Foil inserts are my favorites here but the Illustrated Characters are pretty cool as well.
As the title says the cards will take you through the path that got us here which spans the previous eight movies.  Always fun to go down memory lane.    
I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of  the blue starfield design but I get how it pays homage to the Star Wars sets of old.  I still like these and enjoy looking back at the previous movies on these cards.  Glad I picked this up and it makes for a great start to the week leading up to The Rise of Skywalker.

The backs have nice write-ups.  Simple and to the point but not too short to be a waste of time.  The format is right in long with Star Wars Journey sets in the past.

BREAKDOWN:
16 - Total Cards
2 - Green Parallel
1 - Red Parallel
1 - Foil 
1 - Illustrated Character
1 - Choose Your Destiny

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to see the outcome of Rey and Ren... and how everything gets wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete