Monday, December 16, 2019

Star Wars Aftermath Book Trilogy

The Star Wars The Aftermath book trilogy is set after the events of Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.  The books include, in this order, Aftermath, Life Debt and Empire’s End.  The story starts out following new characters within the Star Wars universe including those from the Rebel Alliance and those from the Empire.  Along the way their journey will bring in characters we all know from Episodes IV-IX.  I enjoyed the new characters who are from across the spectrum of what we know of the Star Wars universe.  Author Chuck Wendig does a good job with the new characters.
The series sets up what we’ve seen with the current Star Wars movie trilogy that will end with the release of The Rise of Skywalker this weekend.  This trilogy was very enjoyable and it was good seeing the events after Return of the Jedi.  Though the Emperor was dead there was still plenty of the Empire left in the galaxy.  These books are canon so we could also see these characters in future books.  
This trilogy is a pretty easy read and fun.  It also isn't required reading for the movies but do provide some nice background.  Star Wars books are almost like a behind the scenes look at characters and the world they live in whether it be their relationships, the government, ideologies or daily life.  Again this is a fun read and I’m on to my next book.  

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was more of a book reader, because I'd love to give this trilogy a shot. I just don't have the free time. Well... I do. I would just rather read card blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough to find the time. So many things to distract us including all the cool blogs.

      Delete