Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Wal-Mart MLB Baseball's Ultimate Collector's 50 Pack Combo

I ran across this Wal-Mart MLB Baseball's Ultimate Collector's 50 Pack Combo online and was intrigued.  For the price ($19.97) and some of the packs shown I thought this can't be that bad a deal.  With 50 packs I figured there would be a minimum of 250 cards and while I wouldn't be surprised to see junk wax I made the leap.  I went in with my eyes wide open and I am happy with my cards.  The 50 packs I received are detailed out below and totaled 352 cards.  The highlights for me were the five packs of  2015 Topps Archives and the 2006 Topps Series 2 rack pack.  I hadn't seen either of these sets before and my pull from the Archives packs was great in my opinion.  I'll start throwing up posts on the cards I pulled but just wanted to throw this out there for folks to see. It is a relatively inexpensive option to grab some "random" packs which may appeal to others. This is all about the fun as you probably won't find autos or relics here.  I purchased the combo with another item that put me into the free shipping category by the way (orders over $35). 


BREAKDOWN:
352 – Total Cards
1988 Donruss (2 Packs – 30 cards)
1989 Donruss (4 Packs – 60)
1990 Donruss (2 Packs – 32)
1991 Ultra Fleer (1 Pack - 14)
2006 Topps Series 2 Rack Pack (1 Pack - 18 + 3 Vintage – 1 – 87 Topps, 1 – 86 Topps, 1 – 81 Topps)
2015 Topps Series 1 (5 Packs – 25)
2015 Topps Series Update (5 Packs – 25)
2015 Topps Archives (5 Packs – 20)
2016 Topps Series 2 (5 Packs – 25)
2017 Topps Series 1 (5 Packs – 25)
2017 Topps Series 2 (5 Packs – 25)
2017 Topps Update (5 Packs – 25)
2018 Topps Series 1 (5 Packs – 25)  

9 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that combo box (I shop mainly at Target) but it looks like a great value. Hopefully you'll get some neat cards in these packs.

    One of the things that got me back into collecting baseball cards was those rack packs with the vintage card. I bought as many as I could find (which was only about 3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't actually a prefabbed box. When shipped the 50 packs are just shipped in a shopping box. I really wonder how they determine who gets what. Does everyone get the same packs? Is it just some guy pulling 50 packs? However it happens it was fun.

      Delete
  2. I hate you (not really). I think I'm gonna have to give one of these a shot... and the only hobby related goal I set for myself in 2019 was to avoid retail. I'm such a schmuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean though! I saw that picture and couldn't get this out of my head. I finally just had to do it. For the price of a blaster I think it is fun.

      Delete
  3. That seems pretty good, even with the Dollar Store 5 card packs. Like you said this is all about the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad there was multiple packs of each so it wasn't just 5 cards of each. I am a sucker for Dollars Store packs.

      Delete
  4. I gotta find this!Is it just an online thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen it in any store so I'm assuming it is online only.

      Delete